Fall Comfort Foods
Chili is one of my favorite Fall comfort foods! I made a huge crockpot full on Sunday for Football day! It is certainly great on it’s own especially topped with cheese and sour cream. You could however make nachos, you could make taco salad or hey make chili dogs if you like that kind of thing. I’m sure you could think up some other chili ideas! It is also easily made gluten-free!
All of that being said, very few people I know will eat chili cold. Part of the appeal of comfort food is that warm, filling sensation after all! So to work chili into your lunch you have the following options!
1. Pack it in any microwavable container if you have access to a microwave. Some schools have them, most don’t but most offices (like mine) certainly do!
2. Pack it in a thermal container. Easy peasy!
Packed in a Laptop Lunches Bento Box this lunch gluten-free lunch menu contains:
- Homemade Gluten-Free Chili
- Corn Tortilla Chips (pick your favorite gluten-free variety)
- Cooked carrots (steamed, boiled or roasted – your choice) – I have added leaf picks to a couple to look like pumpkins just for fun, be sure to use thicker slices so the carrots won’t split when you add the pick!
- Banana fried in coconut oil then dusted with a bit of cinnamon and sugar (you could sub for honey). I cooled the bananas completely then topped with Stonyfield Farms Organic Caramel Greek Yogurt. You could toss on some shredded coconut or granola if you have some on hand!