Nearly every work day I pack 2 identical lunches for my husband and myself. I ALWAYS use our Easylunchboxes containers for this purpose. Quite simply because the compartments act as a quick guide providing me with a 1,2,3 concept for packing! Not to mention I then only have to wash one container which is dishwasher safe. Plus I avoid single portioned convenience food in disposable packaging!
Now there are no hard and fast rules but I basically look at it like this:
- The large compartment will typically get a “main course”. This usually contains my protein and sometimes the grain. Many days I start with whatever is leftover from dinner. I portion it right into the containers after dinner.
- The medium compartment (OK the larger small compartment) will usually get a produce snack of whatever fruit or veggie I have on hand.
- The smallest compartment will then typically get a dry crunchy snack (we like crunchy snacks) or it may get a grain. I like tortilla chips, nuts, granolas, popcorns etc.
Sometimes I swap things around BUT by using this basic 1,2,3 idea I get most of my adult lunches packed quickly! Remember that it is best to add crunchy snacks in the morning before you leave!
This lunch contained:
- Gluten-Free Mini Meatloaf (recipe here but swap for GF bread crumbs and verify your other ingredients are GF)) and broccoli leftover from dinner. I tucked in a Babybel cheese as well.
- Cara cara orange slices and blackberries
- Broken up veggie flax seed tortilla chips
Products used in this post: