Baby it is More Than Cold Outside!
I woke up this morning and checked the weather on my trusty iPhone. I did not want to get out of bed. The temp outside? -2 degrees celsius below zero! That is without considering windchill. I wanted to stay in bed buried under the covers but it is only Thursday so get up I did. Of course it is not like my littles would have let me sleep much longer anyway !
So I embraced the cold and made a lunch for Brendan appropriate for the climate. A penguin themed lunch since afterall the outside temperature was reminicent of their Antartic home! Haha! I also made sure everyone was properly bundled up! Hey at least it wasn’t snowing outside!
Brendan’s Sitting Penguin lunch (pictured above) packed in a Lunchbots Trio included:
- A Peanut butter sandwich (for National Peanut Butter Day hurray!). I used a square crinkle cutter for the outside shape and then stamped the penguin shape on (it is a cutter but I didn’t press all the way down). I then cut the penguin and sky details out of cheddar cheese using some additional cutters. I used a toothpick to poke holes for the eyes. The bread is like a canvas today!
- Fresh produce today is: Apple slices, cucumber slices and strawberry slices with a couple of snowflake food picks tucked in.
- Finally corn tortilla chips for a crunchy snack.
I went with leftovers for the adults today! Afterall on a cold day freshly heated leftovers will provide warmth and sustenance. Grownup lunches (pictured below) packed in Easylunchboxes containers included:
- Leftover breakfast casserole
- Edamame which will be peeled and eaten
- Corn tortilla chips
- Mixture of Annie’s snack mix and cinnamon and flax coated walnuts.
It really is a bit of a mish mash lunch but I think of it like hitting the brunch buffet table. I little bit of this, a little bit of that. Lunch can be a great way to use up items from both your pantry and fridge!
Easylunchboxes available here: